[Mailman-Developers] When will mailman 1.2 be released?

Gerrit Holl Gerrit <gerrit@nl.linux.org>
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 08:13:23 +0100

Barry A. Warsaw wrote on 950030868:

>     GH> when do you think mailman 1.2 will be released?
>
> I wish I could say.  Frankly, I wish I could say whether the next
> release will be 1.2 or 2.0.  I think if Harald's user database changes
> are significant enough, I might make it 2.0.
>
>     GH> How stable is the current CVS tree, and how heavily is it
>     GH> tested?
>
> Stable enough to run all the lists at Python.Org.  If something's
> broken, I find out about it pretty dang quickly.  No doubt there are
> minor bugs still lurking though.
>
>     GH> In what order of magnitude is the release frequency?
>
> I'm not sure what you're asking, but I've been thinking that I should
> start getting beta releases out RSN.

Maybe I looked up the wrong words in my dictionairy :(

I mean, is Mailman likely to be released every month like many other
projects, or far less often, like Python? The last version was
released in November last year, so it's not really "Release early,
release often".

What does 'RSN' mean?

regards,
Gerrit.