[Mailman-Developers] msg_header: insertion of sender name/address

Dan Mick Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@West.Sun.COM>
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:07:36 -0800 (PST)

Well, it looks like the header and footer get the entire mlist's
dictionary, plus mm_cfg.CGIEXT, to interpolate with, but nothing
per-message.  I suppose the right answer would be to change
Decorate.py (or add a new module parallel to it) to add in selected
fields from the message dictionary (assuming there are no name clashes
between the mlist dictionary and the message dictionary, anyway).

    d = Utils.SafeDict(mlist.__dict__)
    d['cgiext'] = mm_cfg.CGIEXT
    # interpolate into the header
    try:
        header = string.replace(mlist.msg_header % d, '\r\n', '\n')

I don't see a way it can be done without hackery.