[Mailman-Developers] msg_header: insertion of sender name/address

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 15:11:24 -0800

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:07:36 -0800 (PST)
Dan Mick <Dan.Mick@West.Sun.COM> wrote:

> Well, it looks like the header and footer get the entire mlist's
> dictionary, plus mm_cfg.CGIEXT, to interpolate with, but nothing
> per-message.  I suppose the right answer would be to change
> Decorate.py (or add a new module parallel to it) to add in
> selected fields from the message dictionary (assuming there are no
> name clashes between the mlist dictionary and the message
> dictionary, anyway).

Simpler would be to prefix Mailman with a
procmail/maildrop/whatwever script that copied the From: header into
the body of the message.  The handling of MIME problems of course is
a different matter.

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/