[Mailman-Developers] A few mailman issues

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:28:48 +0200

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 11:14:10AM -0700, Marc Merlin wrote:
> 1) arch eats up all my memory and hangs when processing a message that has a
>    12MB attachment (my machine has 1G of memory)

Howmany messages are in the archive mailbox ? What kind of machine is it ?
I've recently arch'ed an old mail archive into a new list, where the old
archive (my own private archive of the list, which has existed for over 5
years) contained close to 9000 messages. No overly large attachements,
though, but the machine none the less handled it pretty well.

arch *does* load the entire mailbox into memory, though. How large is the
mailbox in total ?

[ Have no real answer to the other questions, so sorry for not answering ]

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>