[Mailman-Developers] A few mailman issues

Marc Merlin marc_news@valinux.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:37:29 -0700

On mar, avr 25, 2000 at 10:28:48 +0200, Thomas Wouters wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 11:14:10AM -0700, Marc Merlin wrote:
> > 1) arch eats up all my memory and hangs when processing a message that has a
> >    12MB attachment (my machine has 1G of memory)
>
> Howmany messages are in the archive mailbox ? What kind of machine is it ?

2675 messages, not that many.
I removed 3 messages with large attachments, re-ran arch and it ran just
fine.
Before, when it reached the 12MB attachement, it ate more than 400MB

I am moving mailman to an up to date machine, but in the meantime:
oxygen:~# rpm -qf /usr/bin/python
python-1.5.1-5

Maybe a newer python will help.

> arch *does* load the entire mailbox into memory, though. How large is the
> mailbox in total ?

Not that big, 25MB.

> [ Have no real answer to the other questions, so sorry for not answering ]

Eh, one answer is already good :-)

Marc

Finger marc_f@merlins.org for PGP key and other contact information