[Mailman-Developers] Re: Please stop the cross posting

Ken Manheimer ken@digicool.com
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:05:33 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Christopher G. Petrilli wrote:

> Hmm, would anyone else be interested in the option to "merge" x-posted
> mailings... what I guess I mean is that I'm on a bunch of python.org
> lists, and when things get crossposted, I get like 400 copies of each
> message... it'd be nice to figure out a way to only get ONE copy :-)

This would be one reason to have an object database to keep track of what
gets posted where.  I think this sort of thing is likely in a new
architecture for mailman, using and as components for a zope framework.
(An issue here is whether zope's new relaxation of the attribution
requirement, and Open Source certification, will satisfy stallman for
gnu-yness - if so, it'd make it easy to integrate mailma and zope more
closely, exploit bobopos/zopepos, etc.)

Ken