[Mailman-Developers] Re: Please stop the cross posting

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:40:42 -0500

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 06:29:28PM +0100, Christian Tismer wrote:

> >     CT> I will also propose to change Mailman to handle this
> >     CT> in a better way. My own patched version on Starship
> >     CT> never prepends the list name if it can be matched in the
> >     CT> "re" already.
> >
> > I thought Mailman already does this too.  I'll double check.  Chris,
> > you might want to send your patches to mailman-developers@python.org
>
> Well, these patches were for a very old Mailman. I don't know
> wether they still apply. But the idea is simple. Only prepend
> the prefix if you cannot string.find it.

Hmm, would anyone else be interested in the option to "merge" x-posted
mailings... what I guess I mean is that I'm on a bunch of python.org
lists, and when things get crossposted, I get like 400 copies of each
message... it'd be nice to figure out a way to only get ONE copy :-)

Chris