[Mailman-Developers] Re: Please stop the cross posting

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:29:28 +0100

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     CT> I will also propose to change Mailman to handle this
>     CT> in a better way. My own patched version on Starship
>     CT> never prepends the list name if it can be matched in the
>     CT> "re" already.
>
> I thought Mailman already does this too.  I'll double check.  Chris,
> you might want to send your patches to mailman-developers@python.org

Well, these patches were for a very old Mailman. I don't know
wether they still apply. But the idea is simple. Only prepend
the prefix if you cannot string.find it.

From maillist.py (V0.95):

        # Prepend the subject_prefix to the subject line.
        subj = msg.getheader('subject')
        prefix = self.subject_prefix
        if prefix:
            prefix = prefix + ' '
        if not subj:
            msg.SetHeader('Subject', '%s(no subject)' % prefix)
        else:
#CT begin
            #CT adding only if not already present
            if string.find(subj, prefix) < 0:
                msg.SetHeader('Subject', '%s%s' % (prefix, subj))
#CT end

        dont_send_to_sender = 0
        ack_post = 0

--