[Mailman-Developers] Re: Please stop the cross posting

Ken Manheimer ken@digicool.com
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:59:02 -0500 (EST)

(Proper handling of the subject line prefix was one of the first things i
did - i'm pretty sure it was before 1.0b3, maybe 1.0b1.  If i recall
correctly, i implemented a slightly more stringent strategy, only looking
for the prefix early on in the subject line, after "re:"'s, but before
other text.  I know it takes care of the vast majority of cases, and i
suspect it's preferable more of the time in offbeat cases than looking for
the prefix anywhere in the subject line, but i may be wrong.  I didn't see
the original post - still sorting out environment and email - so i'm not
sure about the specific case being discussed...)

Ken