[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Multilingual support in mailman?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@CNRI.Reston.Va.US (Barry A. Warsaw)
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 15:15:04 -0400 (EDT)

    GM> I'd like to see something like that too... for a Hungarian
    GM> translation :)

Actually, my architecture should be expanded a bit to make it work for
multiple languages.  Currently, there's a function called maketext()
in the Utils module that takes a relative filename and a dictionary.
The file is pulled out of the templates directory and contains %(key)s
for interpolation of the dict.

What we'd probably want to add are subdirs inside of templates for the
various languages.  Then each list would have to have a language
option which would get passed to Utils.maketext() so that it could
select the appropriate file to use (e.g. templates/en/cronpass.txt
would the be English text, templates/hu/cronpass.txt would the be
Hungarian, etc.).

-Barry