[Mailman-Developers] mailpasswds

Gergely Madarasz gorgo@caesar.elte.hu
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 14:48:12 +0200 (METDST)

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Ken Manheimer wrote:

> You don't say which version you're running, but we ran into the same

1.0b4

> One fix is to change the "os.forks()" in the scripts/deliver script to
> use the following 'forker()' routine, which recognizes errno.EAGAIN, and
> retries to fork a specified number of times.  (You have to have settings
> in the module for TRIES and REFRACT - i use 5 and 15, respectively.)

This seems the better solution, since it is more generic. Mailpasswds
works now with the other solution, but convert_list and other
mass-subscriptions dont. I think this should be included in the next
release.

> Another solution is to have the mailpasswds script take some time to
> do an os.wait() every several users - i'm attaching a version of
> cron/mailpasswds for 1.0b4 that does this.

As I said, this just fixes mailpasswds, not the others.

Thanks,

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org