[Mailman-developers] List entry indexing

Ken Manheimer klm@python.org
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 20:10:17 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Robin Friedrich wrote:

> What I was suggesting was that mailman simply generate an internal keyword for
> that subscriber and then set the email address attribute on that account id to
> the address they are sending it from. This doesn't violate anything you have
> said. AFTER the subscription is made and a password has been secured, then we
> allow the user to alter the address attribute using our form. Otherwise we are
> stuck with a unsubscribe/resubscribe process for those who have changed their
> email accounts.

Heck, i suppose we could set something up that simply creates the new
account, copies over the settings and subscriptions from the old one,
and deletes the old one - sending email adresses to both addresses in
the process.  I suppose the nice thing will be having the subscriptions
follow - though currently mailman keeps the subscription info with the
lists and not with the accounts.  I'll have to think about it some more,
but it does sound worth doing.

Is this approaching what you're seeking?

Ken