[Mailman-developers] List entry indexing

Robin Friedrich Robin.Friedrich@pdq.net
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 23:11:14 -0600

Ken Manheimer wrote:

> Heck, i suppose we could set something up that simply creates the new
> account, copies over the settings and subscriptions from the old one,
> and deletes the old one - sending email adresses to both addresses in
> the process.  I suppose the nice thing will be having the subscriptions
> follow - though currently mailman keeps the subscription info with the
> lists and not with the accounts.  I'll have to think about it some more,
> but it does sound worth doing.
>
> Is this approaching what you're seeking?

I suppose.  Although since you say that the subscriptions are kept with the
lists that would be a chore to change in the code. It may be too much trouble.
 I was thinking from the subscriber's perspective rather than the list's
perspective which is of course how these things are structured.  Reversing the
sense of this in the code would probably be a pain.   I'll just let it simmer
in the back of my cranium for now and try not to let it bother me;-]

--
Robin K. Friedrich     Houston, Texas
  Python Professional Services, Inc.