[Image-SIG] support for python 3

Guy K. Kloss g.kloss at massey.ac.nz
Tue Aug 17 23:37:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 05:43:05 joe oettinger wrote:
> I´m guessing that the needed effort to extend that support must be very
> great, since other libraries such as Numpy haven´t been modified for
> Python 3.x either.

FYI: There is already a development release of NumPy with Py3k compatibility.
So it looks like we'll be seeing it in the wild in the not too distant future
as betas are already available:

http://www.mail-archive.com/numpy-discussion@scipy.org/msg26524.html

This release of NumPy supports Py 2.x as well as 3.x, so an approach like this
works without a code base fragmentation/forking.

HTH,

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences