[Image-SIG] Problem with JPEG and CMYK color space

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Apr 17 20:32:43 CEST 2006

Cesare Leonardi wrote:

> No one can confirm or add some info? It's a known problem? Fredrik?

it was a while since I last messed around with this, but IIRC, CMYK in
JPEG is one big mess, mainly because Adobe got it wrong in Photoshop
many years ago.

unless anyone can convince me not to, I'm going to trust you and Kevin
on this one, and change PIL to always use the Photoshop behaviour.

can anyone provide some samples ? (preferrably small images (<50k or so)
with colors chosen so it's obvious what's what.  i.e. no blue trees or green
firetrucks, please ;-).