[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Installation hint needed

Earl Spillar spillar@uwyo.edu
Mon, 26 May 1997 16:42:57 -0600

PIL Mavens of the world:

Probably this will convince everyone I really AM an idiot- but-
I just installed PIL on a WinNT 4.0 machine;  I tried to
follow the installation instructions but I get the following
error:

Python 1.4 (Feb  7 1997) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
>>> import Image
>>> im = Image.open("/temp/lena.ppm")
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\Python\Imaging-0.2b4\Lib\Image.py", line 467, in open
    init()
  File "C:\Python\Imaging-0.2b4\Lib\Image.py", line 84, in init
    for f in os.listdir(p):
nt.error: (3, 'No such process')

I'm guessing this is an installation problem, but I thought
I got everything in the right place-  Tkinter seems to be OK.
Any clues would be greatly appreciated!

Earl Spillar

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org