[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Installation hint needed

Fredrik Lundh fredrik.lundh@image.combitech.se
Mon, 26 May 1997 19:39:46 +0200

> Probably this will convince everyone I really AM an idiot- but-
> I just installed PIL on a WinNT 4.0 machine;  I tried to
> follow the installation instructions but I get the following
> error:

>    for f in os.listdir(p):
> nt.error: (3, 'No such process')

If anyone here is an idiot, it's probably me.

The *binary* release of PIL 0.2b4 messes up if you have bogus
directories in the python path.  Strangely enough, I managed to fix
this in the *source* release that was made somewhat later...  Anyway,
as Earl noticed, it's fixed in the "0.2b5x" release included in the
Python 1.4 for Win32 "WFM" kit.

Cheers	/F

http://hem1.passagen.se/eff (python stuff)
http://starship.skyport.net/crew/fredrik (more python stuff)

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org