[PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] University Project

Tom Schwaller tom.schwaller@linux-magazin.de
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 12:47:57 +0100

D.G.FIELDSEND wrote:

> I am currently doing a project for Huddersfield University, England
> involving the interaction between 3D Graphics libraries and Python.
>
> Do you know of any shareware graphics libraries that can be wrapped
> (using SWIG, or other method) to Pyhton.
>
> I currently have a copy of ALICE on the PC, but I don't seem to be
> able to use this, can you suggest why.
>
> I also have access to PHIGS on the SUN system, so o you know of any
> pre-written wrappers for it.
>
> I hope you can help me in this request, but if not, could you let me
> know anyone, or anywhere else that might be able to aid me in this
> request.

Maybe the visualisation toolkit is what you are looking for.
I once began with a Python wrapper, but changed my job and
could not continue it the way I would have liked. There where other
people working on it, but I never saw anything done.

Here's the link

http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~martink/

Wrapping it with SWIG might work on day, because Dave Beazley
is certainly interested in that too...

--

Tom
Linux-Magazin (http://www.linux-magazin.de)

IMAGE-SIG - SIG on Image Processing with Python

send messages to: image-sig@python.org
administrivia to: image-sig-request@python.org