[group-organizers] Help regarding the meetup agenda

Tathagata Dasgupta tathagatadg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 16:22:37 CEST 2015

Hi Yasoob,
Great points from Brian and Nicholas! I would also like to point you to Ned
Batchelder's interview
http://podcastinit.com/episode-5-ned-batchelder.html - it's a great
resource about community building.
It is interesting both Brian and Ned (both veteran organizers) highlight
the importance of consistency - so that the meetup attendees know what to
expect. Note how structured Nick's coding dojos events are. When we
organized a Coding dojo for a Chicago Mentorship event - we just imported
his well tested format, and it worked out great!

An interesting experiment could be if you put out schedules to the hour for
upcoming 2 or 3 meetups. Of course you can change, but gives the attendees
confidence that there's a plan to follow.