[Edu-sig] re: Fw: pyGeo problems: linux progress

Arthur Arthur" <ajs@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:02:10 -0500

>No, distutils is *not* overkill.  Please consider using distutils; it
>will make others' lives so much easier!  If you get stuck, I'll try to
>help.

Oh well, another learning curve. Sure its not bad.

Having recently been well rewarded by overcoming my resistance to the small
reStructuredText learning curve,
I'll dig in.

>Is PyGeo itself currently a top-level package, or is it a collection
>of top-level modules?  If the latter, I strongly recommend that you
>make it a top-level package (and yes, changing all your imports is a
>royal pain; but it's worth it, and again your future users will thank
>you).

I am sure what you saying here will mean more to me after I dig in a bit.
And greatly appreciate your offer to tutor a bit.

Art