[Edu-sig] re: Fw: pyGeo problems: linux progress

Jason Cunliffe Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic@nomadics.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:51:04 -0500

> >Is PyGeo itself currently a top-level package, or is it a collection
> >of top-level modules?  If the latter, I strongly recommend that you
> >make it a top-level package (and yes, changing all your imports is a
> >royal pain; but it's worth it, and again your future users will thank
> >you).

Hi Athur,
Congratulations and thanks for latest version of PyGeo.
Sorry, I've been busy elsewhere and no time to dig into Python anything.

YES please switch to distutils
For the longterm health of PyGeo

It's one of the most important changes to Python to make it friendly for both
newbies and pros. And that's no mean feat..

Everyone will thankyou.

./Jason
Jason Cunliffe [NOMADICS: Director art+design]
Tel/fax: +1 718 422-1078 jasonic@nomadics.org
N 43:00.000' W 074:31.875' ALT:1144 ft
84 Henry Street #3C Brooklyn  NY 11201     USA