[Edu-sig] Raytressi - more relevant than I thought

Arthinator@aol.com Arthinator@aol.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:17:42 EST

A closer look at Raytressi seems to indicate that it
was developed collaboratively as a project at a
French technical high school.

The download includes a project report.

My French is about as good as my C, so I  can't
make much out of it.

But if my facts are right, it seems to me a
bit of a milestone in Python's presence in secondary
education, perhaps deserving mention on
the edu-sig page, and being particularly well
suited for use by others who might want to
intergrate a raytracing into a math or
programming curriculum.

Seems to have used Boost to simplify the
the C++ extension writing.  Have been finally
getting into that arena a bit,  looking at CXX
as part of my effort to understandf the VPython
code.  Came across Boost recently, which
is presenting itself as a more powerful
alternative to CXX - allowing, among other
things, Python subclassing of C++ classes.

But I digress - again.

ART