[Edu-sig] Raytressi - more relevant than I thought

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:36:22 -0500

> A closer look at Raytressi seems to indicate that it
> was developed collaboratively as a project at a
> French technical high school.
>
> The download includes a project report.
>
> My French is about as good as my C, so I  can't
> make much out of it.
>
> But if my facts are right, it seems to me a
> bit of a milestone in Python's presence in secondary
> education, perhaps deserving mention on
> the edu-sig page, and being particularly well
> suited for use by others who might want to
> intergrate a raytracing into a math or
> programming curriculum.
>
> Seems to have used Boost to simplify the
> the C++ extension writing.  Have been finally
> getting into that arena a bit,  looking at CXX
> as part of my effort to understandf the VPython
> code.  Came across Boost recently, which
> is presenting itself as a more powerful
> alternative to CXX - allowing, among other
> things, Python subclassing of C++ classes.

Art,

Could you or someone else give me a line or two of HTML that I can
paste into the edu-sig homepage?  I don't have time to look further
into Raytressi mself to be able to come up with an adequate
description, but from what you write I believe it deserves mention!