[Edu-sig] CP4E VideoPython learning to teatch / teaching to learn ..[xpost: was {'cpl',"don't laugh"}]

Steve Litt slitt@troubleshooters.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:21:34 -0400

At 02:02 PM 9/15/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Steve
>> Jason, I think you should write a tutorial on all that stuff. You seem to
>> have the curiosity and love of programming to do it. Maybe I can help you.
>>
>> Steve
>
>Thanks for the encouragement.
>I would love to take you up on the offer.
>Where are you based and how do you think you can help?
>best wishes
>- Jason

Hi Jason,

I'm just outside of Orlando Florida. I'm webmaster/content lead of
Troubleshooters.Com, and as such, create tutorials constantly. I've also
written some chapters in Red Hat Linux Unleashed, and am the main author of
Samba Unleashed.

The first way I can help is by making sure your tutorial gets seen by many
people. Troubleshooters.Com gets about 900 distinct IP visitors per day.
The second way I can help is by doing the parts of the tutorial you don't
want to. The third way is by getting others involved. I have quite a few
Python friends, including one who is writing an outline processor in Python
(he can certainly help with the advanced part of the tutorial). Also, I can
ask you various questions to prompt you to explore various Python "riffs",
and you can ask questions to get me to do the same.

I already have a very intro Python tutorial on the 'net at
http://www.troubleshooters.com/codecorn/python/pptut.htm. When you see it,
you'll notice it's a good foundation but completely ignores the wealth of
tools that ship with Python. It's that lack of coverage of the tools in my
existing tutorial that first called my attention to your post.

Steve