[Edu-sig] CP4E VideoPython learning to teatch / teaching to learn ..[xpost: was {'cpl',"don't laugh"}]

Kirby Urner pdx4d@teleport.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:51:36 -0700

>This is the same argument I make for why a 12 year-old could get a great
>intro to programming using Flash5 or LegoMindstorms.

Certainly these could be good learning environments.

Python is one namespace among many, in which to absorb a lot of
useful abstractions and key concepts.

I haven't used LegoMindstorms yet, but I bet there'd be a way to
do an API accessible from Python, such that whatever you'd done
in that environment could be invoked from within your Python code.

Kirby