[Python Wpg] Starting a new Python blog

Kevin Veroneau kveroneau at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 15:32:07 EST 2012

Hello Everyone,

  For sometime now I have been itching to create a Python blog, and now the
fruits of my labour have paid off.  I am ready to release the blog to the
public eyes.  At the moment it has 2 main features, a blog portion, and a
bookmark system.  Both the blog and the bookmark system offer an RSS Atom
feed.  The bookmark system is fully compatible with "Live Bookmarks" to
quickly access some of my top Python sites I visit or visited recently
which caught my eye.

  The website is called "Python Diary", a rather unique take on a tech blog
name.  The site itself has a diary-like theme, and is for the most part
very easily to navigate.  The website was completely built using Python,
the theme was taken from a wordpress theme website and formatted to work
with the Django template system.  The entire backend is written from
scratch using a few reusable Django apps, namely, django-tagging, south,
and cumulus.

  Now you might be saying, "Oh great, yet another Python blog".  But
wait...  I plan on setting this blog apart from the thousands of other
blogs in the world with some very unique features.  Features normally found
on commercial software blogs, movie and video game blogs is a thorough
review system.  I plan on going through many of the available Python
packages out there in the wild and basically reviewing them like one would
review anything else.  I do not see a dedicated Python website which has
reviews of many Python packages available in PyPi.  I plan on stating the
usual pros and cons of the package, and providing a score.  For example of
how this type of review is formatted, take a look at a CNET Review.

My new blog can be found here: http://www.pythondiary.com/

  Tell me what you think of the website in general, and the overall idea
for this blog.

If you would like to subscribe to the upcoming content, add this RSS feed
to your favorite RSS reader:
http://www.pythondiary.com/blog.xml

Kevin Veroneau