[Python Wpg] Has anyone tried gunicorn to host Python WSGI applications?

Kevin Veroneau kveroneau at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 20:18:56 EDT 2010

Hello,

  While going through my Debian repos, I found an interesting package which
caught my eye.  A server built for HTTP/WSGI natively.  I am very much
tempted on trying it out and seeing how well it can scale.

Project page: http://gunicorn.org/

  Also while viewing their project page, it notes an interesting Python
package called virtualenv.  Is this package like a jail/chroot in a sense
for Python.  As this would be very beneficial for mass hosting Python
applications as a web host.  Apache for example does not make it easy to
jail a Python application, thus making managing a virtual host for Python
applications more difficult to manage than say PHP, or standard CGI.

  Could I have some input and suggestions for my Python hosting site, which
I am in the process of starting?

Version 1 website: http://www.zyrixhost.net/home
Version 2 website: http://www.zyrixhost.net/v2/

  Which site catches your eye more, and what do you think I should change?

Kevin Veroneau