[Python Wpg] Fwd: Winnipeg Python Users Group

Mark Alexiuk malexiuk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:16:10 EST 2008

Hi All,

At Stuart's prompting, I would like to introduce myself.

I've been using Python for just a few years. While looking for an
informative mail list that had a local community, I was led to the Wpg PUG.
My education background is in electrical engineering and in my current
position I have the occasional opportunity to write C++/Python/scripts.

I'm very interested in using python for rapid development of data analysis
applications using numpy and scipy.  In a previous position, I had the
opportunity to work at the Institute for Biodiagnostics (IBD) and would like
to know more about how Python can be used for visualization of
bioinformatics data and visualization of high dimensional data.  See
http://www.scopira.org/rdp/ for a C++ example app.

I am looking forward to attending a PUG event and meeting you all in person.
Cheers,
Mark