[Python Wpg] Can python save the University $17,000?

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 28 00:33:27 EDT 2007

Well we are discussing SMS I feel compelled to have my cell phone rant. I was
very late in getting into cell phones. I got my first phone last summer. Being
use to the Internet and open networking I was flabbergasted at how archaic and
complicated everything is with using cell phones. As we have discussed Rogers
basically lies about free email to SMS. Data is horrendously expensive.
Documentation is difficult to find. Features in phones are disabled. Deciphering
rate plans is almost impossible.

Thank god the phone companies were not involved in developing the Internet. :-)

I know it is sort of an apple/orange comparison but the value I get from my $40
cable connection is huge compared to spending $40 on a cell phone plan. Of
course I only spend $10/month on my pay as you go phone since I can not justify
spending any more.

I guess I am showing my age but annual ring tone revenue exceeding a billion
dollars is incomprehensible.

-- Bill