[Python Wpg] Hello

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Sat Sep 9 17:16:14 EDT 2006

	Since everybody else is posting introductions I may as well jump on the
bandwagon.

	I'm Mike Pfaiffer. I'm a writer/programmer/designer/what ever someone wants
me to do kind of guy. At the moment I am officially unemployed. Unofficially
I write for the magazine listed below without pay. I'm a Python newbie (not a
rank newbie since I make it a point to shower daily). ;-)

	The meetings are slightly over my head at the moment, but I manage to
understand at least one thing every meeting. Eventually I'll catch on.

	My goals at the meetings vary. So far they include learning the syntax as
well as the various modules. I'm trying to wrap my head around the ideas
behind Object Oriented Programming (I graduated from the U of M before they
started teaching it). Privately I am somewhat annoyed with some of the
programs I use and think I can do a better job.

	I'm trying a number of (I guess this is the correct term) APIs. So far I like
Idle the best. Mainly because I can change the font size in the editor and
the program doesn't think it knows what I want better than I do. While emacs
and vim look interesting, I prefer a GUI interface or something like nano
where I can concentrate on the language rather than the editor.

				Later
				Mike

|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |
|   http://members.shaw.ca/pfaiffer = Mike Pfaiffer (B.A., B.Sc.)      |