[Python Wpg] ZOPE courses in town?

Jason Hildebrand jason at peaceworks.ca
Tue Aug 29 14:54:03 EDT 2006

Hi Scott,

While you can certainly do anything with Zope, it may or may not be the
best tool, depending on what you want to do.

If the web application(s) you are looking to build are primarily
concerned with content-management, then Zope is probably a good choice.

On the other hand, if you are simply looking to build a web admin
interface to some postgres or mysql data, then there may be some better
options.

I've been using Webware for Python for years, and it's a mature
application server, with less infrastructure than Zope provides (if you
don't need the infrastructure anyways), which gets you up and running
much more quickly.

Newcomer projects include django and turbogears, which apparently allow
you to build database-UI apps very easily -- but I haven't used either
of these yet, and don't have a good feeling for their strengths and
limitations.

hope this helps,
Jason