[Wheel-builders] Problem with "too-recent versioned symbols"

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Thu Aug 17 09:49:30 EDT 2017

Hi all,

since a few commits on a project I'm maintaining[1] the automatic build of
binary wheels (based on cibuildwheel[2]) on Travis CI started to fail[3],
although only for Python 3.6. It's a C++ extension module, and just a few days
ago I was able to release a first version[4] on PyPI with manylinux1&windows
wheels for Python 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6.

I tried to bisect the commits, but I could not figure out what triggered it;
furthermore, manually building that wheel within a pypa/manylinux docker
container on my local development machine and then repairing the result with
auditwheel tool, works without problem!

Do you have any hint about how I could investigate further, or an explanation
on why the job on Travis CI can give different results from the (virtually)
same context running on my GNU/Linux machine?

Thanks in advance,
ciao, lele.

[1] https://github.com/python-rapidjson/python-rapidjson
[2] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cibuildwheel