[Wheel-builders] BLAS/LAPACK for manylinux1 wheels

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Mon Mar 7 20:27:21 EST 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> What about the problems with openblas?  Should we instead get a wheel
> out with embedded ATLAS?

Probably this is a discussion for the numpy list rather than
wheel-builders, but I'd definitely vote for doing the same thing on as
many platforms as possible. Trying to simultaneously support ATLAS on
Windows + Accelerate on OSX + OpenBLAS on Linux is just silly :-).

More on topic: the manylinux1 PR for warehouse (the next generation of
PyPI) just got merged and deployed.

The interesting thing about this is that the warehouse test install at
warehouse.python.org is backed by the same database as
pypi.python.org, so uploads made to warehouse will appear in pypi.

Result: IIUC an incantation like this should work to upload manylinux1
wheels to pypi, right now:

twine upload -r warehouse.python.org *-manylinux1*.whl

-n