[Wheel-builders] BLAS/LAPACK for manylinux1 wheels

Olivier Grisel olivier.grisel at ensta.org
Mon Mar 7 07:34:51 EST 2016

Hi Matthew,

It is my understanding that you have built manylinux1 wheels for the
latest numpy and scipy releases at:

https://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/manylinux

Those builds embed openblas but I don't see how to find the version
number. Other downstream projects such as scikit-learn might need to
run on the same openblas version.

How did you build those wheels, do you have travis config somewhere or
do you use docker locally?

Do you plan to update the travis config script for the matrix entry
that generate wheels to generate manylinux1 wheels instead?

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/.travis.yml#L62

At the moment those dev wheels are uploaded to:

http://travis-dev-wheels.scipy.org/

The goal is to make it possible for downstream projects to test
against numpy master on travis but they need to be careful to install
atlas as done in numpy's .travis. Using manylinux1 wheels would make
it easier to setup CI for dowstream project without having to worry
about atlas.

Do you plan to generate  a clib_openblas wheel in the longer term?
This would reduce the size of scipy, pandas and scikit-learn
manylinux1 wheels and increase installation speed for users of the
scipy stack.

--
Olivier