[Tutor] how can a value be retrieved from an event loop?

DL Neil PythonList at danceswithmice.info
Fri Nov 17 20:02:41 EST 2023

On 11/18/23 13:50, Phil wrote:

> On 18/11/23 09:51, DL Neil via Tutor wrote:
>
>> Even our digirati grand-children suddenly discover (a) the value of
>> taking notes, and (b) the pyschology of writing with a pen cf typing
>> - which may be even more of a surprise!
>
> I have many files, named by subject, which I interrogate whenever I
> cannot remember the syntax of a command or how to solve a particular
> programming problem. One complication is that these files have become
> quite large and often a note cannot be specially categorised is slot
> into one file.
>
> I also use duckduckgo a lot but I don't always have access to the
> Internet. Anyway, I just have to make the best of the situation that
> I've fallen into.

For many years I've been running WordPress locally. The search-engine
yields relevant notes, even if it/they have not been filed under that
heading (or 'tagged').

More recently I came across the Zettelkasten Method which, as its name
implies, has a more teutonic approach to 'being organised'. Of course,
these things are best approached with a flexible attitude, working-out
what works for oneself and discarding the rest (without guilt).

Using their software and Markdown documents is a significantly 'lighter'
approach to mine! Plus should give that multi-dimensional retrieval
capability we both seek...

--

Regards =dn