[Tutor] I learn pretty much everything visually

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 17:44:19 EDT 2023

On 13/06/2023 19:28, Mats Wichmann wrote:

> One of the real problems when there are too many offerings is finding
> one that is (a) any good and (b) fits your learning style

> Be nice if we could do a bit better here on tutor, but I, at least,
> don't see a way (Alan?).

I don't think it's possible. As you say, there are different
learning styles. One person's good tutorial is the next
person's nightmare.

My own tutorial is aimed at a very specific type of learner;
namely one who wants to learn to program, but is already quite
experienced around computers - more than a casual web browser,
social media jockey etc. It suits those from that user-base
who want a "serious" tutorial. But if they want games,
medals and flags it's not going to work for them.

Other tutorials target those who just want to learn Python for
a specific purpose, but that could be as trivial as writing
macros for some application(Gimp say, or vim) to doing advanced
science or data analysis at university research level.

I honestly don't think there is any way to categorize tutorials
for something as general as Python that would be useful to all.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site