[Tutor] problem solving with lists

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 04:04:27 EST 2022

On 06/03/2022 07:15, marcus.luetolf at bluewin.ch wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> I'am still biting my teeth out trying to put in to code the following
> pseudocode:

> ... c) if my problem can by solved by python at all.

It is important to remember that programming languages
do not solve problems. They merely provide tools to
generalize and automate the solution once YOU have found it.

But it's up to you to formulate a solution. And at this point
it seems to be the required algorithm that is eluding
you rather than the python constructs needed to implement
that.

Can you reduce the size of the problem and solve it
on paper? That may give a clue to how you should solve
it for bigger cases. What if you reduce the problem to,
say, 9 letters and sublists of only 3? Does that help?

Even if it only clarifies the definition of the output.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site