[Tutor] Python jobs with no work experience

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:38:23 EDT 2022

David,

I came to programming from an electronics technician background, and I don't really have a lot of computer science in my course credits. What I do have, and what you seem to share, is a passion for learning. If that is true, then you're in the right place.

Your PL/B background gives you at least two advantages. You already know how to program, and if I understand PL/B then you've already learned how to translate business needs into code. Python is easy to learn, widely in use, and you can spend the rest of your career doing something in it. The real challenge will be to find what you want to do; what aspect of life are you passionate about? What concepts do you go home and tinker with? Find that, and you'll probably find several Python projects who could use your help. That will give you the experience sensible employers want.

EdX and Coursera have lots of great beginning Python courses. If you already have some Python skills, and you really want to make a long term career move, I'd suggest:

	https://www.edx.org/course/building-modern-python-applications-on-aws

Many workloads are moving to serverless, and the sooner we ramp up to that the better our careers will be. If you're strong in maths, then data science and machine learning are also Python strengths and there are courses for those as well.

Bottom line; Python is a good language to base your career on. Just figure out what you want your career to be.

Leam

--
Site Automation Engineer   (reuel.net/resume)
Scribe: The Domici War     (domiciwar.net)