[Tutor] Getting extra characters when copying CURL from devtools

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 14:59:39 EST 2021

On 19/11/2021 17:43, Joao Carlos Silva de Oliveira Matos via Tutor wrote:
> Since I installed win11 I'm getting extra characters when I copy CURL as
> CMD or BASH. It's basically the encoding generating characters like ^ and
> line breaks.
>
> I know I can replace them, but I used to just copy it and paste in  Convert
> curl commands to code (curlconverter.com) <https://curlconverter.com/> to
> translate to Python. And now the website would not recognize this encoding.
> Is there any way to select the type of curl encoding when using Devtools?

This doesn't really sound like a Python issue, it's all about
your OS and terminal/app combination. There might be somebody here who
uses your tool and might be able to help but its not exactly mainstream.

You might be better asking on curlconvertor, or even a general
curl  forum.

It looks like they have a bug tracker page, try reporting it there.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site