[Tutor] First try

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 14:02:32 EST 2021

On 15/11/2021 10:05, Asbjørn Bakken via Tutor wrote:

> I started out with Python for Kids for dummies.It worked nice on my macpro

I don;t use Python on a mac but...

>  untill I upgraded to the latest IOS 12.0.1.
> Useing 2.7 (continued to work) but IDLE went in black (useless).

2.7 is indeed out of support but it should still work.
Can you try it in the terminal app and see if it works there?
It may be a Tcl/Tk issue which is causing IDLE to fail.
(IDLE is built using tkinter which, in turn, uses Tcl/Tk)

> Anything I can do or must I jump to latest version of Python?

It should work, but I'd strongly encourage you to jump to
Python 3. Your tutorial might not work of course but there
are many, many, online tutorials(including mine!) based on
Python 3.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site