[Tutor] np.array operation memoryerror

f.hochwart at gmx.de f.hochwart at gmx.de
Wed Oct 14 09:45:40 EDT 2020

Hello,

for my masterthesis I have to compute e.g. np.arrays with following
settings:

MemoryError: Unable to allocate 7.15 TiB for an array with shape (991600,
991600) and data type float64

    A =  sparse.bsr_matrix(C1 * (sparse.bsr_matrix(np.eye(dA, k = dR)) -2 *
sparse.bsr_matrix(np.eye(dA)) + sparse.bsr_matrix(np.eye(dA, k = -dR))))

Even if I use sparse function or np.float32 the memoryerror still appears. I
searched in different forums and havent found a proper solution yet.

The main question is, how can I compute big np.arrays which extend my
memory.

Best Regards,

Florian Hochwart