[Tutor] Fwd: Re: Navigation Problem

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 19:23:42 EDT 2020

Forwarding to list.
Please use replyAll or replyList when responding to list emails.

--------------------------
Hi Alan,

     Thank you so much for your reply.
Yes, I understand this is a Python Forum.
There are two issues, both involving the terminal and the path to files
on the desktop, etc.
The first issue with Adobe involved a problem with downloading Avid
Manuals to Adobe Digital Reader. We never did get to open the
activation.dat; we took another route. An Adobe engineer spent weeks
with me and we finally got the downloads working.

     The second terminal problem involves opening python files in the
MacBook Air terminal. The path I used is cd
Desktop/ExerciseFiles/Chapo1-I get “no such file” although when I ‘ls’
the file I can see the the python program I am trying to access. I
finally installed the IDE Visual Studio Code and was able to get to the
file through ‘open folder’ and successfully run the python program.

     I am taking a Python course at Los Angeles City College this Fall.
I am a film/Avid editor interested in Cyber Security. I have just one
class of the 10 required and I will receive an A.S. in Cyber Security.
That class is Python.

Needless to say, all this is new and not my forte.

I downloaded the latest version of python 3.8.5.

     I certainly understand that my dilemma is elementary; and the path
will open up as I go along. I include my résumé with the required courses.

     Again, thanks so much for taking the time.

Best Wishes,

Sheila O’Callaghan

Sent from my iDunno