[Tutor] [OT] Cool vim feature

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 08:16:00 EDT 2020

I've been using vi/vim since 1986.
Today I learned a cool new feature that has been there for at least 10
years and I never knew.

When in insert mode if you hit Ctrl-N it brings up a list of completions
- IDE style. Repeated Ctlr-N steps through them. Ctrl-U cancels.

There are other related strokes such as C-X C-F for file completion too.
:help ins-comp will get you the details.

How could that be there for so long and I not know?! (I knew there were
plugins could do it, but I don't like using plugins because it makes the
editor inconsistent between machines.)

Probably all the other vim users are saying, "of course..." but just in
case anyone else is missing out ...

Anyways, not really Python related but I thought I'd share.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site