[Tutor] Parsing email headers

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Mon Apr 27 06:58:13 EDT 2020

On 26Apr2020 16:13, jim <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:
>Right now using Thunderbird, I right-click on the email in question.
>Then I click Save As and give it a name. It is then saved as a .eml
>file. Then I give the file name to my script and see the header info.

Just looking at this bit. On Thunderbird here (MacOS) selecting a
message and hitting Cmd-U shows me the message source, with headers.
That is likely Ctrl-U on Linux.

Anyway, if you have an index-only view with no message pane, that might
get you the headers without "viewing" the whole thing. I would find
eyeballing that easier than your ritual to get the message to a script.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>