[Tutor] Case Insensitive Globing

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 20 07:40:56 EDT 2019

On 20/05/2019 09:49, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:
> On 19/05/2019 19:19, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:
>> So I always end up with two copies - the original file and the
>> edited version.

> I forgot I had moved all my photos onto my NAS box
> and then mounted that in my pictures library under
> Windows 10.

On closer study it was slightly more complex.
In fact, the errant editor is actually a Linux utility program
that I only rarely use but which uses the same NAS folder as is
used by the Windows box(obviously, that's why it's on the NAS!)
Now, because I do 90% of my photo editing on Windows (Affinity
Photo really is superb!), I only noticed the duplicate file
names there and so assumed it was a Windows thing.

So,to summarize:
I copy the files from the camera to the (Linux based) NAS.
I edit the file on my Linux PC (which saves with the .jpg extension)
Then I open the folder for serious editing on Windows and
see two filenames differing only in the case of the extension.

No NTFS involved.
Just memory loss from a befuddled senior... :-(

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site