[Tutor] Case Insensitive Globing

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 20 04:49:57 EDT 2019

On 19/05/2019 19:19, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:

> Hmm, odd. My NTFS filesystems on Windows all appear to be case
> sensitive. For example I have a photo editor that saves its files
> with a jpg extension but the files from my camera all end in JPG.
> So I always end up with two copies - the original file and the
> edited version.

Amazing how you forget the simple things over time.
I forgot I had moved all my photos onto my NAS box
and then mounted that in my pictures library under
Windows 10. Because you access them via the Library
feature I'd completely forgotten they were on the
NAS. So the filesystem is really ext3 and
I'm assuming that's why the double names exist...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site