[Tutor] Collating date data from a csv file

Dave Hill dave at the-hills.org.uk
Wed May 8 16:04:49 EDT 2019

I have a csv file which details the results of equipment tests, I carry
out PAT testing as a volunteer at a heriatge railway in N. Wales. I want
to extract how many items were tested on each test day. So far I have
generated a List of test dates, but I am now stalled at how to
efficiently count numbers tested on each date.

Can I have a list of tuples, where one item is the date and the second
the count?

or is there a better construct?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

For completeness, I have listed below an extract from a target file,
where the 10 digit number is the UNIX timestamp

182 	1515001232
	Toaster 	13 	2000 	1
183 	1515001259 	   Contact Grill 	13 	2000 	1
245 	1515001367
	3G Cube Adaptor 	13 	0 	1
246 	1515001396 	    13A IEC Lead 	5 	0 	1
248 	1515001415
	Worktop Light 	3 	30 	1
420 	1515001440
	Fly killer 	0 	0 	1