[Tutor] Python installtion

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Jan 7 06:20:07 EST 2019

On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 03:36:01PM +0530, mousumi sahu wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> I am trying to install python 2.7.10 on HPC. Python 2.6 has already been
> install on root. I do not have root authority. Please suggest me how can I
> do this.

What's HPC?

If you don't have root permission, do you have permission to install
anything?

Are you comfortable with installing from source? You will need a
C compiler. If everything works, it is easy, but if there are problems,
it be difficult or impossible to solve them.

Would it be easier to just ask your system administrator to install it
for you?

--
Steve