[Tutor] python Build error

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri Dec 27 10:07:14 EST 2019

On 12/26/19 10:08 AM, Sheikh shamsul Islam wrote:
> i was doing a simple project on python .i made a script which use Tkinter
> ,opencv and a trained model which removes background of given image. i
> build this project on pycharm .now i want to make an exe file of my project
> .i tried with pyinstaller .but the exe file does not work .when i double
> click on the exe file i get this error message "failed to execute script
> gui"(gui is the file name gui.py).so can any one help me building the exe
> file for my project .

The building of an "executable" to run your app seems to be a fragile
process.  You'll probably need to pursue it with the project
(pyinstaller) that you're trying to use.

https://www.pyinstaller.org/support.html

It looks like they're asking for funding help to continue the project.

Meanwhile, do you actually need to do this?  Standard Python is easy for
people to install, even on Windows (*), and python packaging allows for
specifying dependencies, so it may not be necessary for you to build an exe?

* Note for Windows 10, Python is now available through the Windows
Store, you don't even have to fiddle with downloading and executing an
installer.