[Tutor] Python scripts-MAWS and JAWS

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Dec 19 13:27:35 EST 2019

On 12/19/19 9:28 AM, Bruno Cramer wrote:

piling on to Alan's comment:

> I tried to run the program for several weeks without success. As it uses
> AMBER software as platform, I also updated the M.A.W.S script with the
> corresponding force fields, etc.
> However, the program keeps showing error when running.
> I am new to Python programming and I could not find out what to do.

Step 1 would be to tell people what the error is.

Otherwise it's like your car... "the Check Engine light is on, what can
I do to fix it?"  - somebody needs to know what error it's actually
reporting to even respond.  (in the case of cars, you need one of those
readers to be able to extract the code, Python usually prints it out for
you, unless it's someone hid it behind a GUI)

even if we don't know the software, the precise error message might give
some hints....